Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Mel B reveals her efforts to speed up baby's arrival



Mel B who is expecting her third child any day now, revealed she has been doing everything she can, including eating rather hot food, to ensure that her baby arrives this week.

The Australian X Factor judge said: 'I just had my doctor on the phone and he's given me some ultimatums which are good.'

She told 2Day FM yesterday: 'It's coming out this week, one way or another it's coming out this week.'

The star has been trying various activities to induce labour, including exercise, eating various foods and another well known tactic: sex.

'Ideally I want it to come naturally,' continued Mel B.

'But I've tried everything, I've tried the hot food, the running, the sex, the violence, I've tried it all. It just seems to be stuck and hibernating in there getting bigger and bigger, so it's coming out this week for sure.'

The popstar is expecting her new addition to the family with husband of four years Stephen Belafonte, who she married in Las Vegas in 2007.

It is the couple's first child together, as the singer already has two daughters: 12-year-old Phoenix Chi with first husband Jimmy Gulzar and four-year-old Angel Iris, who's father is Hollywood actor, Eddie Murphy.

Stephen also has a daughter from a previous relationship, six-year-old Giselle.